The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Introduction

Well, this is the beginning. Welcome to me and my thoughts. I guess I should intro myself to some degree. I'm a 32 year old married guy with a 2 year old son. A bit of a nerd -- an old gamer, computer geek, reader. I tend to find the most bizarre and dull things interesting.

I have a fascination with church marquees. It started many years ago as I was biking (I did say many years) through my hometown, and the marquee in front of a church caught my eye. It read "Sunday's Sermon: Does God have eyebrows?" Needless to say, it was difficult to keep riding -- laughter is balance-disruptive. Anyway, my answer is two-fold. From a strictly biblical perspective, man was made in God's image, therefore, God must have eyebrows or we wouldn't. However, I'm not a strictly biblical sort of guy (to say the least). My particular angle on it is no...God does not have eyebrows because he doesn't have a face, a body, or any sort of corporeal existence. He is ethereal or pure energy or whatnot.

I'm currently reading 2 books. Black Holes and Baby Universes by Stephen Hawking, and The Simpsons and Philosophy: The D'oh of Homer. Both pretty heavy books, and I'll probably be getting a lighter one soon to completely relax with, but they are both fantastic.

My current games are Star Wars: Galaxies on the PC, and KOTOR, Need for Speed Underground, and Vice City on the XBox.

--Beav

2 Comments:

  • At 3:58 AM, Blogger xMikadzuki said…

    Nice to meet you Beav! I stumbled upon your blog by chance [I don't even remember how] And I've been keeping an eye on it. I now realize , I haven't been letting you know. Some people get discouraged when they find that people don't read their blogs, so I said 'Hey, why not let him know I read?'
    Anyways, hurrah for old computer geeks! - I joke, I joke-
    ~ Mikadzuki

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger Beav said…

    Thank you for your comment, and Welcome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home