The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yay Vets!

This was an interesting, short week. Thursday was Veteran's Day, so Ryan's school had a teacher day on Friday. I had to take a day of leave to stay home with him, so a 3-day work week and 4-day weekend. Not bad.

I was pleased to see on my social media lots of acknowledgment of why we were off on Thursday. I have avoided crowing about how much we owe to our veterans since I am one. I'm not really comfortable with the "Go me!" that would amount to, but there are a lot of things that we have that are attributable to the fact that many people have sworn to do whatever needs be done. I would like to thank all former, present, and future servicemembers - and their families for that sacrifice.

Somewhat related to that, my "what I'm thankful for" this week is my job. Though there are many things I don't like about it; though it often makes my life much harder than I'd prefer it to be; it is still mentally fulfilling. It is also one of the more secure jobs in the country right now. That is no small relief.

Labels: