The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Monday, February 15, 2010

I < 3 U

Valentine's Day came and went. I surprised Saundra by ordering something (though it hasn't arrived yet), so she went and one-upped me yet again, ordering for me the 5 cookbooks that Alton Brown says you must own. Even though she ordered days after I did, 3 of the 5 have arrived already, while her present wallows somewhere in the USPS.

Anyway, the boys had a good time on Friday - giving and receiving cards. When Saundra came home from work on Sunday, she brought them little heart-shaped tins with candy. She also brought me yet another gift - a stuffed frog holding a heart that reads "Love You."

All my love to all of you.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger Soo Mi said…

    Excellent! We're not followers of the Hallmark Holidays, and so spent the weekend enjoying ourselves in Myrtle Beach.

    I discovered a few things:

    My kids are cool,
    Medieval Times never gets old,
    When it snows at the ocean, it's frikkin' cold,
    Good friends are priceless, and

    I. Really. Miss. Virginia.

    Just standing there on the Atlantic coastline, with the never-ceasing breeze and those waves gently cascading in, I felt such a pain in my chest, a longing for my old home.

    I felt that way for many years after we left England, but this was much stronger. I miss you guys (and the area) so much. It's disconcerting, really.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home