The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Trip Report

I had a fun trip. On the flight down, I saw clouds so thick and fluffy that it felt like I could hop out and bounce on them. Beautiful. When I got to the base and found billeting, the woman working the counter noticed my knee brace and gave me a ground floor room 2 doors down from the desk. Thanks, Rewa! Then, of course, it was time to visit friends. On Tuesday, they managed to find a bar doing karaoke (they're so awesome!), and so we went and had some fun. Though the barmaid insisted that the two of them drink alcohol (I was DD and don't drink, besides), we had the mic almost to ourselves and were able to sing all sorts of things. They even had Hear Me In the Harmony, which I've wanted to sing since approximately 3 seconds after the first time I heard it start in my CD player. I didn't do too badly, I think.

The training wasn't too bad; fairly boring, actually. I got to show a new kid the beautiful beaches of the Gulf Coast. The flight back was interesting, too. On the first leg, the entire complement of flight attendants were attractive, which was novel. And the second leg had one attendant who poured drinks as if she were on speed, epileptic, had Parkinson's Disease, or all three; and another who wore what can only be described as the official Delta Airlines pajama and bathrobe set. Both crews were quite efficient and did their jobs well, my shallow observations notwithstanding.

Then came the best part of the trip: getting home. Ahhh...

--Beav

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad you got home okay sweets. my weekend proved very eventful, though ambiguously disappointing. my sis is still there. her kids are now with my mom. sanity is waxing and waning. the jury is still out on the survival rate of a left-field sibling.

    anyway. love ya. sorry to be so... odd and pensive. ~hug~

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you made it home safe and sound :)!

    Thanks for the comment on my new home, unfortunatly, I can't remember the password I picked, so i am having problems getting logged in ROFL
    My goodness we are a funny bunch.

     
  • At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how did I get so lucky?

    ...how did you? ;)

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man, you trippin'. How many billy joel songs post here?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home