The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Tunage

I've brought the 'pod in to prepare for my trip on Monday; get a few songs I had bought from i-Tunes, rip a few CD's I have bought since my last rip session.

Somehow, there are a whole bunch of CD's that I don't have ripped. CD's I've had for years. We Are In Love, Cold Spring Harbor (the album that threatened our relationship while we were dating), Still Crazy After All These Years. How did that happen? I can't really give credence to the idea that I just hadn't gotten around to them. They are precious to me and the songs on them have such a wide range of memories and goodness.

Incidentally, I've decided to make a change to the discs I tote around. As some of you might know, I keep a Rocky and Bullwinkle CD book that holds about 10 discs in the car with me. I've had various albums in there, representing what I think I may want to listen to at some time during the day. But, as I sit here ripping music to my hard drive for later transfer to the 'pod, I realize that doesn't exactly make sense. Most of them I'll have with me anyway. So, I'll replace those discs with ones I wouldn't necessarily want to catch in the shuffle, like my classicals, or the Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack. That way I don't hear Toccata and Fugue while I'm running, but can still crank up the William Tell Overture if I feel like it.

--Beav ("Love me like music, and I'll be your song")

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL, there is a link on my blog for a "They Might be Giants" song I bet you a cherry coke, you dont' have lol. Bring new Pictures!!! I wanna see da baby.

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    I don't have it, but Saundra, Ryan, and I watched it last night. Good stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home