The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

More Stuff

Last night, my wife made bulgogi. It's a Korean spicy barbecuish meat dish, usually served with/over rice. I think it needed a bit more oil, but it was incredibly tasty and the heat was kickin'! That was pretty amazing. I mean, just a few years ago, neither of us would have considered making something like that. And now, as we discussed the apparent lack of oil, she suggested we find some red pepper oil, I half-snorted and said "we'll just make some." Dude. When did that happen?

We finally put our Christmas tree up last night, and this year, Ryan got to help. Holy mackerel! He was so-o-o-o excited. (I know, "no duh!") He'd put a little ball on the tree, come running back, "give me another one!" and start spinning. I'd have to stop him, let the dizzy pass before I could give one to him. And this was for every ball! He was a little scared to put the star up, but then again, I was holding him up and out toward the tree, while standing on a chair, with Saundra steadying me. I think it was a little too precarious for him. So, I got it up there for him.

And today, at work. I was told that I remind a few of my coworkers of Burt Reynolds. I had to ask: "Smokey and the Bandit Burt, or Boogie Nights Burt?" Much to my relief, they were thinking of old-school, Smokey and the Bandit/Cannonball Run Burt. So now I have to find a fat guy to hang around with me. Think Dom's available?

--Beav

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home