The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Friday, October 21, 2005

How cool is that?!

Check this out.

I think it's absolutely freaking cool that a school is using technology so effectively. I don't know about you guys, but I graduated in '89, and all my textbooks were printed in 1972. All the people pictured inside them had bell-bottoms, wide collars, and afros. Heck, even the soundboard they used for pep rallies, plays, and just about everything else that required amplifed sound was older than me. I can't possibly imagine them introducing a program like that.

Today's wife-quote: "The driver qualifies it as a hoopty."

And today's church marquee: "Jesus Saves!"

Not very original, but it always puts me in mind of a T-shirt with that same inscription. It showed a man with a loincloth and crown of thorns completely horizontal blocking a soccer ball from the goal he is tending. Everytime I see something that says "Jesus Saves," I think of that image and it makes me smile.

--Beav

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home