The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Friday, September 08, 2006

I Scoffed my Mockersins

Fred Phelps - crazy dude perverting (select verses of) the bible to back his hatred of everything and everybody. He is the idiot behind the Westboro Baptist Church that protests military funerals by chanting (and holding signs) "God Hates Fags," among other things.

The link below is to a 10 minute video diatribe supposedly against Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Though he starts and ends with them, his crap really seems to be aimed at the US as a whole (because we tolerate).

Movie Link

I found it to be absolutely hillarious on one level - that someone could believe that (and say "scoffers and mockers" so many times). But on another level, it frightened me - that someone could believe that.

On the whole, I was left with a question. If God hates America, should we go bomb him? He's either with us, or against us.

--Beav (I'm a scoffing mocker, aren't I?)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooo - look at the stones on this guy. Very astute entry, dear. No scoffing.

    I know we'll all cope, and that's swell.

    ;)

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger MthNrd said…

    "Love thy neighbor as thyself" and "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? Nah, we don't need that pinko commie tolerance talk...

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow that dude is weird! Is he the same guy that protested Matthew Sheppard's funeral? I couldn't get through the whole thing. Dude kept sayin'"Mockery" till i thought my side would split fer laghin' so hard. Hehe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home