The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

"Save my Baby!"

Is it really that time of year again? Yes, Spring is on the way, so once again I'm saying "send me money!" But it really is for a good cause. March of Dimes is all about researching and preventing birth defects, and WalkAmerica is their biggest fundraiser of the year. As it happens, prematurity is considered a birth defect, and no one is really sure why babies are sometimes born early. So this is our focus. Anyway...on April 30th, I'll be walking 5 miles along the boardwalk in Virginia Beach, and I need sponsors to make that walk worth something. So check out my page at http://www.walkamerica.org/beaver1224 and help me help the babies.

Speaking of babies...our first is doing very well. Getting more well-behaved by the day. It hasn't been the requisite 3 weeks yet, but the progress is sufficient enough for an update I think. He hasn't had more than 4 time-outs since we started. I'd say about 75% of the time, we never have to go past "1." Awesome.

Our second is also doing well. He is much more active than Ryan was. (Which is good, cause I never got to feel Ryan do anything. He hid from me.) He's progressing very well, and we're happy.

--Beav (Ooh baby, baby.)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I donated, and my hospital will do a 1:1 match according to the MoD records, so look for that and let me know if it shows up. In return, I ask only this: post a very recent photo of you & your fam-damily PLEEZ!!!

    Luv ya, Kris

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for your comment. I really appreciate it. Especially since you know me well enough to know how bad I can be! ;)

    -Kris

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    Any time.

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger MthNrd said…

    I sent some e-money your way...hope the WX turns out well for your walk.

    --Jim

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    My heartfelt gratitude to the both of you. I really appreciate the support. :)

    --Beav

     

Post a Comment

<< Home