The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

2 Days a Week

On Tuesday, I toured the USS Montpelier, a Los Angeles class fast attack submarine. That was entirely too cool. I actually enjoyed it on a level completely different than most of my compatriots because I've played 688i Attack Sub, in which you can use that very sub. It was really sweet to compare the instrumentation and controls from the game to the real thing. I only wish I could have taken Ryan with me. He would have gotten such a kick out of it. So, now I've toured an aircraft carrier and a submarine. I guess if I can tour a battleship and a destroyer, that'd make the set, right?

Yesterday, we had what is called a "fun run." I'm not sure who first thought to pair those two words, but if there is any justice, he will spend eternity having tender body parts removed hourly. It wasn't far (thank goodness), and even my recovered crippleness was able to keep up and finish with my coworkers. And what do you do after such a healthy morale event? Serve burgers, hotdogs, and pulled pork barbecue, complete w/ baked beans, potato salad, and macaroni & cheese! At least I stayed with water for a drink. (For those of you who are now concerned that I've been mindwiped by some alien species, it had something to do with the fact that the only sodas they had were Shasta.) But the real upside is that I had the whole afternoon off. On payday. On Friday. Dude.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Soo Mi said…

    Shasta? Shasta?! *shiver*

    Good for you, dude! Glad you could finish at all, let alone with pride. I've got nothing like your excuse, and I would've walked the whole way.

    Oh, and one day next week, you'd better plan on meeting me for some lunch. Bring the Miz-riz, and we'll make a small party of it.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    I totally have plans to take you for sushi next week. It'll have to be Monday or Tuesday to have Saundra along, though.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Soo Mi said…

    Works for me! Call my cell. Also, the Munchkin is arriving Tuesday. May be planning a weekend early-dinner thing. Will be last-minute. You have been warned.

    :)

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger Devyl Gyrl said…

    Glad you had fun at the fun-run *grins*

    I was watching my lil sister get married in an absolutely elegant wedding. She looked stunningly regal walking down the aisle, and I managed not to cry toooooo much when I did a reading before the vows. *laughs*

    xoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home