The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

What do you mean, Stevie?

I work with a woman named Rhiannon. Her parents were die-hard Fleetwood Mac fans (and who isn't, really), and well, there you go: Rhiannon.

Now, everytime I see her, my mind says that "Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night," and it has occurred to me that I don't know what that means. How does a person ring like a bell through the night? What quality is she (or he for that matter) expressing? Or is there no meaning at all? Is it just a beautiful lyric that suggests without ever quite defining?

The things I think about.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Soo Mi said…

    I don't know the answer right off hand; I'm the only child of the 70s who isn't a fan of Fleetwood Mac.

    I'm sure if I put the Mighty Powers of my brain to use, I could come up with a pretty good explanation. However, since this is summer break, you'll have to wait until September when my brain comes back on line.

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How 'bout this:

    When you hear a bell peal in the darkest night, it rings in your head and echoes throughout the night its clear note. In other words, She Resonates.

    Good enough?

     
  • At 2:15 AM, Blogger Devyl Gyrl said…

    "you may be right" had the same answer I was thinking, only (s)he probably said it more clearly than I would have.

    ^5

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous DanP said…

    "Rhiannon ring like a bell through the night"

    I interpret this line as the following...

    It's about Rhiannons sultry walk. If you would imagine a beautiful women (in this case Rhiannon), and you are watching her behind sway like a bell - a very provocative and sexy image I must say :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home