The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Alannis, come check this out!

Last weekend at karaoke (at the magnificent Extreme Lounge attached to the lush York Lanes in sunny Yorktown), I had the most wonderful moment. I've been waiting for it for weeks, really. Ever since I first heard the song "Before He Cheats."

See, there's a line in there that goes like this: "Right now, she's probably up singing some white-trash version of Shania karaoke." Now, if you've heard this song, you know it's going to be sung at karaoke.

So, it's a Saturday night, I'm out at my regular karaoke stomping ground, and I hear the start of the song, so I look up with a little joy twinklin' in my eye. 'Cause up there is...well, another man's White Treasure...and then she gets there and I lose myself in ironic ecstasy. Sheer beauty, really.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Soo Mi said…

    First of all, spank you very much for putting that damn song back into my head.

    Second, who sang it? I remember it being done, but not who was responsible this time.

    And I've heard it done before, and much more poorly than the attempt you were so lucky to experience.

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    No one I know...the chick in the denim jacket and mini-skirt.

     
  • At 3:39 AM, Blogger Devyl Gyrl said…

    I LOVE that song. And yes, it was destined for K-nights ...

    BTW ... you still owe me a song.

    *pouts*

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    I've got it and tried to send to you...it bounced back. I'll get it to you.

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Devyl Gyrl said…

    It rocks :)

    Love you!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home