The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Welcome back...

Guess I should mention that I made it back from Beale. It's an interesting base, but the trip reinforced my decision to return to Langley after going to Korea so I could leave Langley. There are some beautiful vistas and gorgeous views, but you have to drive a long way to get anywhere and many of the roads out are narrow, winding things through hills and blind curves.

And I couldn't find a German restaurant.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Soo Mi said…

    No German restaurant?! I certainly hope those poor permanent-party schmoes at Beale get substandard-living pay. Poor babies. It's like being at the war, but without the rockets and humvees.

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Devyl Gyrl said…

    Glad you're back. Safely. Yanno, I have no clue where Beale is in cali? LOL

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    About an hour, hour and a half out of Sacramento. Find the largest expanse of land with nothing in it - that's Beale AFB.

     
  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger Soo Mi said…

    Dude. I just found a brand-new German restaurant here in Disgusta, GA. You may want to try harder to get a tdy down here. We may not be Beale with our winding blind turns and the closest thing you have to a "beautiful vista" is the interstate, but we have several good Thai and Indian restaurants, possibly a Korean place or two, and now Augsburg Home.

    Will be trying it out sometime soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home