The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The year is new, not me

Ah...the breath of a new year is upon us. There is an excitement for what the new year will bring - and a little cynical part of me admits that it will bring much what it has brought for the last few years. But just as every day brings something new, so does every year - times 365. I start this year in an office I wasn't in a year ago, at a level I wasn't in a year ago, looking towards a rank I didn't hold a year ago.

My boys will continue to grow; to find new ways to surprise and amuse me. As they get older, I see more and more of their personalities as distinct individuals. It's a lot of fun to get to know them a little more each day.

This year, I will again try to post more often. Again, I will do well sometimes and fail miserably other times. I will again make a promise to myself to be a better parent. Again, I will do better than most and feel like I'm failing miserably. I will again find activities to suck my time away. Again I will spend more time than I should doing them.

I will also again be leading a March for Babies team. I missed it last year (since I was in Korea), and this will be my triumphant return. I hope to raise a whole lot of money to help prevent birth defects like premature birth.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Soo Mi said…

    hug your family from me!

     
  • At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello there all, I just signed up on this great community and wished to say what's up! Have a tremendous day!

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi everybody


    great forum lots of lovely people just what i need


    hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home