The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Tummy Two-Tone

This may not come as a shock to anyone, but stomach viruses (virii?) are less than fun. My son came down with one on Friday. He was over it by Sunday, but sure enough, late Monday evening, my tummy started to talk to me in the most unflattering manner. This eventually led to a late-night/early-morning trip to the ER when I just couldn't take it any more. Of course, on Tuesday, we were back in the ER when my wife couldn't take it any more either. Even had the same nurse. (She recognized me and asked how I was feeling...must be a slow week.)

By now, we're all mostly over it. Tummy's still a bit tender, but I think that's just from the abuse it has taken. And on the upside, I'm pretty confident I lost a few pounds, since I had no food and almost no water for a day or two.

Anyway...I made a single resolution this year. I resolved to make no resolutions this year. Thus, I broke it in the very breath of making it, and saved myself weeks of effort. Though I do like my brother's standard resolution pattern - resolve to continue some habit that most people resolve to quit (like smoking).

Hope your new year was festive and may the rest of it be filled with fun and laughter.

--Beav

3 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just checkin in ...... missed ya ;)

    Give my love to your fam honey.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    Certainly will. Good to see you visiting.

     
  • At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no updates? I came here expecting all sorts of updates and news!!

    xoxo
    miss ya - love to you and yours
    Angeles

     

Post a Comment

<< Home