The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

But I give thanks every day!

So Thursday is Thanksgiving. A great holiday. Well, mostly because I love food. We are going all out and having a huge dinner despite it being only 3 of us (well, 2 1/2). Turkey, ham, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, home-made ice cream, the works. We're going to be eating Thanksgiving leftovers for Christmas dinner! But that's fine with me. If there's anything better than Thanksgiving dinner, it's post-Thanksgiving sandwiches and snacking. I think some of my in-laws will come visiting after T-day, though, so it won't be a lonely season.

The day approaches when I'll finally get to see the movie I've been waiting for. Well, Episode III is coming, too, but I'm talking about The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! You can go here for the official site, but it does look a bit sparse. IMDB has a more complete cast list, so you're not totally without resources, though.

And now for the dreaded Church Marquee of the Day: "Sometimes you have to take God at faith value."

Now, far be it from me to criticize a good pun, so I'll leave that alone. However, you kinda have to take God on faith all the time. That's pretty much the point, isn't it? "God says 'I refuse to prove I exist because proof denies faith and without faith, I am nothing.'" (Douglas Adams (Nice tie-in, don't you think?))

--Beav

1 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nothing better than Thanksgiving leftovers. Except for the Thanksgiving meal, of course!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home