The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Still Recovering

Well, I'm digging the laptop. It's really nice to be able to use it wherever I want. With a laptop and wireless network, I can post from anywhere in the house.

Had an interesting issue with my tunes. I wasn't able to save the music on the computer when it went belly up (obviously). Most of it, however, existed on my iPod. Shortly after getting this one up and working, I plug in the iPod so I can get my stuff set up. Immediately it tells me that the iPod is not synchronized with this computer, and asks if I'd like to replace the data on the iPod with what I have on the computer. "Uh...NO." It doesn't allow you to pull music off (or even look at it) without synchronizing, but synchronizing means dumping the music, some of which I don't have backed up. So, I did what any good geek would do: I went to their website and found someone asking the same question. Luckily, there was a fairly simple solution. I only lost a couple songs that hadn't been sent to the iPod yet.

I found (oh, ok, MathNerd sent to me) an extremely interesting website. It's another blog called PostSecret. It involves people snail-mailing their deep secrets in on postcards. Some are disturbing, some are funny, some will really make you think, and some may make you tear up. New secrets every Sunday (how appropriate).

Have fun, everyone! And please remind me of the stuff I forgot.

--Beav

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok. So, somehow, my link is messed up and i wouldnt get anything newer than your january post that I just commented in a few minutes ago.

    Now that i'm properly caught up through the end of june ... WHY ARENT YOU POSTING MORE OFTEN?

    :D

    You dont come to MP anymore so I cant catch up with you there ... I miss you!


    xoxoxoox

    My love to you and yours.

    Angeles

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    My sincerest apologies, Angeles. I don't get over to MP anymore because I don't have time to spend on it. (And it saddens me) And I try to post here whenever I can think of something to post. I promise I'll get something by the weekend. I'll pass your love on if you pass on mine.

    Love you all!

    --Beav

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    Hey there, I was just randolmly hopping around blogs, found yours, read your last entry and want to know how you got your music? I have music on my laptop, but my main itunes is on my PC and I want them off the laptop. (They are there because I ripped them from some DVDs a friend gave me and my PC doesn't have a DVD player...ahh) Anyway, I see you aren't on much, but I'll check back in case you reply. Thanks.

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    Welcome, Killjoy. I'm not sure that the process I used will suit your needs. Do you have any other media to transfer with (CD, USB)? The simplest way to transfer music from your laptop to your PC would be to copy the files to that media, then copy from that media to the PC. Trying to use your iPod as a transfer media is just inefficient. However, if you are stuck with it, you have to play with the settings of your computer. Essentially you need to unhide hidden files in order to see the iPod on the computer it's not sync'd, and to see the files on it.

    --Beav

     

Post a Comment

<< Home