The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

What? I'm trying...

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I've taken up poker. After reading Wil's blog, and being confused by the poker-speak, I registered with PokerStars.com to get the lowdown...and started playing (though not with real money). I now understand *most* of the lingo, and have even used it. I'm also starting to understand betting strategy (but just starting). It's fun. I am Beaver1224 (funny that) on PokerStars, if you are at all interested.

Oh, here's something interesting...I'm going to work the phones on the Jerry Lewis Telathon on Labor Day. Between 2:30 and 4:30 PM (EDT), I should be doing my volunteer work for them. I think it'll be fun, and definitely a cool thing. Who knows, they always pan over the volunteers so maybe I'll even be visible. (My big break!)

I think my son may have an eidetic memory. Just a couple days ago, we found a Hot Wheels car we hadn't seen in months. It has "K9" on it and I told him (months ago, remember) that it was a police car with a dog in it. So, we found the car, and he says "My dog car!" I'm very happy about his apparent intelligence, but sometimes it can be a little scary.

See you on the flip side!

--Beav

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home