The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

What, Again?

Yes, I changed it again. But I added another link to the links list, changed the titles of the various sections from the boring defaults to something a little more...me ("Previous Posts" became "What I Said" for example). I think (we'll see if it works) I'll add my Launchcast station to the links, too.

And now, it's time for another installment of 1-2-3 Magic Theater. Last time, our hero was doing well under the new discipline program. Stay tuned! We're back! Ryan is still doing well. He seems to have even picked up the stoicisim that we have to exhibit when disciplining. The first few times he went to time-out, he carried on (with much wailing and gnashing of teeth). Now, he hits the chair, and sits quietly for his 3 minutes (no fuss, no muss!). That is a wonder in and of itself. So, we're pleased.

As I was driving down the interstate today, I listened to Shining Like a National Guitar, a Paul Simon Greatest Hits album on my iPod. The Cool, Cool River came on, and I felt. The last section played and Paul sang:

And these streets
Quiet as a sleeping army
Send their battered dreams to heaven, to heaven
For the mother’s restless son
Who is a witness to, who is a warrior
Who denies his urge to break and run
Who says: hard times? I’m used to them
The speeding planet burns
I’m used to that
My life’s so common it disappears
And sometimes even music
Cannot substitute for tears

I've always thought this to be a particularly moving bit, and today, as some other times, it welled up in me, bringing those tears.

--Beav (I got something in my eye, that's all)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger MthNrd said…

    The blog looks good. (Glad you got rid of the pink.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home