The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

They Sent Us Playboy...

So, my loyal readers, what's the one concert I'd like to see come to my area? Yup. Billy Joel. Guess who's coming to my area? Yup. Billy Joel. Guess where I'm going to be? Yup. Korea. He'll be playing the VA Beach amphitheater 21 June. Just 2-3 weeks after I fly out of the country.

D'OH! I knew there had to be a downside.

Well, the upside is still that I'm pretty sure I'll get to go to Denver afterwards. That adds up to a gorgeous (new) area, a pretty cool mission, and family nearby (emergency babysitting FTW!).

(Topic jump!) I have to say that there's one thing that never ceases to give me a pleasant surprise: when someone makes a point to come and thank me for my service when I'm in uniform. I've had older gentlemen insist on holding doors for me (and I'm a dude!), one lady bought dessert for my office and me when we were out having lunch. It's enough to make me blush.

Just sayin'.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Janice said…

    Being a Billy Joel fan too, I can understand your gnashing of teeth at the untimeliness of the play of events. Don't think about it now, think about it tomorrow, and in the words of Scarlett O'Hara "After all, tomorrow is another day."

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Devyl Gyrl said…

    Awww that sucks babes. You know I love Billy Joel :) ~smooch~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home