The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Holy Car-p!

I found (read: saw on Clicked) this article that really intrigues me.

This guy takes cars (well, usually SUVs and big trucks and stuff) and converts them to (bio)diesel/electric hybrids. Just like the auto companies say can't be done. With 90% off-the-shelf parts made by said auto companies. Oh yeah, not only does it slash emissions drastically, it also (roughly) quadruples the gas mileage and usually something like doubles the horsepower.

Detroit! Are you listening?! Make this guy your new chief of engineering!

The rest of you read the article. It is beyond well-worth your perusal.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Bk30 said…

    I wanted to convert our old desil mercedes to a veggie car. One that runs on used veggie oil, but the kit was to much at the time. And then I wrecked the car. LOL

     
  • At 2:24 AM, Blogger Devyl Gyrl said…

    I loved this article. I think it's awesome when forward-thinking people prove big-money "talkers" wrong. Woot!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home