The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Friday, May 09, 2008

What the Shizzle?!

I'm outprocessing these days. Outprocessing is when you get all the offices on base to agree to let you go where the Air Force has told you to go. It usually involves going to an office, signing in, and waiting for the person behind the desk to finish their Sudoku or the end of the duty day, whichever comes first.

So, today, I stop in at Force Health. They need to review my medical records to determine whether I'm healthy enough to go to Korea. Fine and dandy. I sign in, casually note the soap opera playing on the TV in the room, and then dip my head into some paperwork. A few minutes pass, and suddenly I realize that something is wrong with the TV sound. Rather than over-emoted dialog, I'm hearing mellow rap. I look up, and Snoop Doggy Dogg is performing on stage. But no one has changed the channel. I continue to watch, and sure enough, after Snoop finishes his rhyme, it fades right into the opening credits for One Life to Live (Or OLTL, according to the snazzy opening montage). As the show progresses, it's obvious that Snoop is actually acting in this daytime drama (as himself, but still). My mind is blown.

Don't get me wrong, despite the horrific writing and hideous, convoluted storylines, I have to give major props to those who act in soaps. It takes some serious chops to get a new set of lines every single day, and often have your characterization change overnight when the writers decide to go in a different direction with this new twist. But Snoop Doggy Dogg? On a Soap Opera? Is he running into money troubles? Are they trying to open up the "stoned truant" demographic? ("I gotta skip Algebra today, Dawg. D O Double G is on One Life to Lizzle today.")

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Janice said…

    Out processing, nope no one seems to understand why it must be so complex. We'll miss while you're gone. As far as Snoop goes...huh...really can't say anything there.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Soo Mi said…

    Perhaps he's off the weed again, and it's affected his decision-making processes?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home