The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanks!

Yet another year has gone by and it's time for the "obligatory what-I'm-thankful-for post."

There are the standards: my friends and family. Both categories have grown this year. (Yay!) I've met Soo, and become better friends with Eric. Not to mention the folks that have shown up at work the past year that I've befriended. And of course, there's little Tristan, the newest member of our family. I constantly have to clamp down on what I say/post because I have an acute case of PPS (Proud Papa Syndrome).

I'm extremely thankful that I'm here in Virginia rather than in the desert, half a world away like so many people I know. One of the great blessings of the job I've been given is that it can be done just as easily by remote.

I'm thankful for my continued convalescent progress. I've started "pool therapy," and have been told that I don't need to walk with a crutch anymore (though I should continue to do so out in public to keep the mob at bay). Many thanks to the Ortho folks and the Physical Therapy folks who together make it possible for me to run worry-free (later).

And, finally, I'm grateful for the continuing development of my kids. (I know, this sounds like a repeat.) Every lesson I teach means a refresher for myself. Almost everything they say and do means more laughter in my day.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving - I hope you have scads of things to be thankful for, and know it.

--Beav

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home