The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What to do?

I've been couch-bound for several days now. Not too bad; I've got a satellite system and TiVo on the TV and a high-speed internet connection.

However, my wife is also home with me. Good news, as she is immensely helpful (and besides, I like being around her). But she is also competition for the TV, which means that half/most of the time, I'm stuck watching the crap...I mean quality programming that I don't normally watch and she does. Normally, I would go into the office or upstairs, but lately that's not as feasible an option. D'oh!

I've also come to find that the places I normally visit on the web don't take more than a couple hours, and I don't have the imagination to spontaneously come up with more places to go. I did find They Might Be Giants' home page today. And pages on Wikipedia where people discuss the meanings of lyrics.

So, help me out, everybody. Find some interesting places to visit.

--Beav (Where do I want to go today?)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger MthNrd said…

    The best on-line Tolkien encyclopedia...
    www.glyphweb.com/arda/links.html
    ...if you want to know it, it is here.

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Soo Mi said…

    I used to waste hours at pogo.com, but since I is a po' college stoo-dent and too busy to run my vacuum cleaner, pogo is not on my to-do list right now.

    But its waiting, lurking in my bookmarks, calculating the chance to pounce...

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger Elitist City-Dweller said…

    I'll see if I can look up some of my old internet haunts, but in the meantime you might check out the Interrobang Cartel, the world's first usenet punk band. The site is under construction, but if you'd like to check out their current songs/albums, try here or here.

    I think this concept is absolutely awesome.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Soo Mi said…

    Thought of more stuff for you to do, and these involve more than allowing your bum to numb.

    Geography
    www.sheppardsoftware.com/web_games.htm

    Native Flags
    users.aol.com/donh523/navapage/index.htm

    Free E-Books
    www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

    A stunning collection of information compiled but never used by the CIA
    www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html

    Space--the final frontier
    www.space.com/fullmoonfever/

    And last, but by no means least--
    What I would be doing if I had a garage:
    www.astromech.net/

     
  • At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been celeb blog surfing of late and have gotten a kick out of some of the posts on John Mayer's, to which there is a link on my site. Of particular giggle-note: his Zombie entry. He has a great sense of humor (and a yummy musical sense... what a catch). I haven't spent much time mudding lately. I used to go to Yahoo Games and play Collapse, because those Tetris-type games appeal to the type-A freak in me. Just go old school and type random stuff into Google.

    p.s. - got a contact for Mikie B? I would really appreciate it, I find that when he is on my mind as much as he has been of late, there is usually a reason.

    Hope the leg is better, hope the tv is good to you, hope the drugs are even better, and hope you are going to receive a hefty settlement from Dane Cook soon.

    Love from the Sunshine State!

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Elitist City-Dweller said…

    Mark Forman's Podcast is really a unique experience. He combines music and storytelling. It's all a bit off the wall, but you could spend hours with this stuff

     

Post a Comment

<< Home