The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What, Again?

It seems like I do this every year. (Wait, I do do this every year.) Again, I'm on my March of Dimes WalkAmerica drive. So, if you've ever wondered what the "My WalkAmerica Page" link on the right is all about, here it is.

The March of Dimes was founded to combat and cure polio. And they did (sweet). Following that success, they expanded their view and took on all birth defects. They're currently focusing on premature birth: why does it happen? how can we stop it? But they won't get far without the money we raise in WalkAmerica (they're biggest fundraiser).

What does this mean? It means I'm walking 5 miles along the Virginia Beach Boardwalk in late April, and trying to get people to sponsor me for it. But I'll add a little incentive to help. If you donate, and make a request on my WalkAmerica page, I'll record myself singing a song for you and e-mail it. So let's work together and save those babies!

--Beav (In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the Beaver sleeps tonight)

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Soo Mi said…

    So, how much do I have to pony up to get "Beav Sings: It's All About the Pentiums"?

    Or can I pick my own song? Do you know any Ramones or Depeche Mode? Or do you think you can do "Rio"? And I'm also particularly fond of "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile."

    :)-<--<

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    "Ah, the lovely Boylan sisters..."

    I'll sing what you want me to sing, provided I know it/can manage. (If I can find it in Bob's book, even better!)

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    Of course you have to "add a message to my walker page" with your donation to do the requesting. heh heh heh

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Soo Mi said…

    Great. Now I have to follow directions. Do you have any idea how long it's been since I've had to do that?!

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    Yeah, but you had been doing it since the 'Hokey Pokey.'

    "You put your left leg in, you put your left leg out..."

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger MthNrd said…

    I prefer "White and Nerdy" over "It's All About the Pentiums"...it's a little more very apropos (for both of us!)

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Devyl Gyrl said…

    I know I'm late (I've been pretty much offline since i moved in the beginning of February), but I donated anyway. I'm hoping they accept mula all the time (even after the walk), like with the American Cancer Society stuff (that's my charity of choice, due to Mom's death).

    Love ya muchly,
    Angeles

     

Post a Comment

<< Home