The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Define 'Irony'

I bought a 'Poker Tip of the Day' calendar last weekend to keep on my desk here at home. (Of course, a Dilbert one sits at my desk at work.) Anyway, the tip for this weekend defines 'Narrowing the field' as:

"Betting or raising in the hope that you will drive some players out of the pot whose hands are currently weak (worse than yours), but who might improve their hands if allowed to stay in."

So, all weekend, I've sat on the Play Money 5/10 No Limit Hold-Em tables seeing the definition of narrowing the field on tables where it is impossible to do so.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Elitist City-Dweller said…

    I thought irony was like rain on your wedding day, a free ride when you've already paid, or even good advice that you just didn't take... oh, good grief, stop me before I puke.

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Beav said…

    All I can say is I got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is holding a Pepsi can.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Bk30 said…

    "bangs head on table" rofl..a black fly in my chardenie?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home