The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Sunday, April 25, 2004

"My legs! I can't feel my legs!"

Had a great time walking along the beach today. Raised some good money for the March of Dimes, and got some (somewhat low-energy) exercise while I was at it. My son had a great time listening to the echoes of his shouts rebounding off the hotels along the boardwalk. Even at 2 years old, the word he used most was "hello!" I wonder if that's some racial memory/group unconscious thing or something. Something to think about.

Along to the marquee. Wabbitt (thanks, Wabbitt!) sent this in:

"We had a interesting one about the time that Mel Gibson's "The Passion of Christ" came out. It was on a main drag and it said THE JEWS KILLED JESUS. Well that certainly caused a stir in Denver. Lets just say that it didn't sit well with anyone. It was taken down the next day with a public apology from the preacher ( he didn't want to get lynched ) and the next you heard is that the congregation let him go."

Probably not the most politic of messages. True or not (a judgement I do not feel qualified to make), it's gonna get (and did get) a lot of people mad. But then, maybe that was the point?

The burn is fading rather than peeling so far (knock on wood). The Solarcane has helped immensely with those areas that I can apply it to. Unfortunately, that does not include my scalp. But, c'est la vie, right? Guess that'll teach me to wear a hat.

Catch you all later, and thanks again, Wabbitt, for the e-mail!

--Beav

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home