The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Mother and Child Reunion is Only a Motion Away

Wow! What a day. Saundra woke me up this morning and said, “This is it; time to go.” We hustled everything up and into the car, and off we went. We got to Labor and Delivery and hung out there for a little while; called one friend to get our 4 year old (how did he get so big?) to day care; called another to pick him up later (set that up ahead of time, thank goodness); and then I went in to join my wife.

We spent several hours just waiting, as contractions came and contractions went (easy for me to say). The baby didn’t like us listening in on him, so to keep a monitor on his heart rate, they eventually had to put a probe in that sat in/on his cranium. She got an epidural (easier on the both of us), and we waited some more.

Fun interlude: somewhere during the last paragraph, Home Depot called about our floor measurements and such (Saundra's getting some of our floors redone). I say, "She's a little busy in labor at the moment." "Is she available, can I speak to her for a minute?" I'm a bit amazed at that response, so I reiterate: "She's in labor." "Oh. She can call back later."

Finally, the time was nigh, and she started pushing. I held one foot while a nurse held the other. For our older son, I was somewhere back by her head, so this was the first time I got the ringside seat. Amazing! It’s an experience like no other…disturbing and wondrous at the same time. And so was born our second lovely son.

Vital Stats

Weight: 9 Lbs. 1.9 Oz.
Length: 20.5 In.
Date/Time: 17 Apr 06/12:01 PM

Yay!!

--Beav (Who’s your Daddy?)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh My God!!! How Wonderful! Sounds like a great experience! (Especially the epidural. I know how great those can be!) You forgot to include his name!?!?

    Well, love and hugs from Florida. May I be in the same uncomfortable situation soon!

    CONGRATS!!!

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    Oh, my apologies...his name is Tristan Reyn.

     
  • At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that name! I suggested Tristan to Daniel, but he vetoed it. He wants to have a Connor and a Duncan (as in "The Highlander"). Just his luck we'll have a gaggle of girls.

    Beka says hey! She just moved back to FWB. I am hoping to send her here to say hey herself!

    Tell Sondra CONGRATS and WELL DONE!

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woot!!! congratz Ward and Sandra I was just looking at pictures of our frist/last Thanksgiving together and here is something else to be thankful for!!! Tristan your getting a great Daddy :)

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    Thank you very much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home