The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The New Kid

I've completed my first day of class. First days are always full of nothing much, and this is not much of an exception. We were introduced, got our materials, received additional duties, learned about learning, and took a pre-test. I think I'll have a good time here, although I need to generate some study habits.

Since I entered the State sometime yesterday morning, I've had the tune to "Dixieland" running through my head. Since I have no desire to be in the land of cotton, I've retooled it just a bit.

"Oh, I wish I was in the land of magic
Time spent there is never tragic
Go today! Go to stay! Never stray!
Disneyland!"

Yes, I know that Disney World is much better, but that doesn't scan as neatly.

I saw another Church Marquee! (Driving through the South; who'd have thought it?)

"Give Jesus a try. If you don't like it, Satan will always take you back."

I thought that was an interesting tack, but it does seem to admit the possibility that opening your heart to Jesus just might not be immediately satisfying.

--Beav (Madonna wants you to open your heart to her.)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the little ditty. Glad you made it south of the Mason Dixon with all of your brain cells intact. :)

    In nursing school, I became the flash card queen. (study habit suggestions.) And at Wesleyan, in Cellular Bio, I drew all of the stages of the Kreb's cycle and Mitosis and Meiosis and Photosynthesis and all that stuff in full color and plastered my walls with it. Figured I'd learn it if I could look at it all day. (Turns out I mostly slept when in my room.)

    Anyway, get your learn on, as my hubb would say. OH MY GOD!!! You haven't met Daniel! You MUST come visit!!! You would really approve, I think. Y'all have a lot in common, not the least of which is holding me in high regard. (You do, right?) Except for the .. um .. 7 year difference, I think?

    Anyway, we're waiting for you!!!

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger MthNrd said…

    We are all hoping for your safe and speedy return. Okay, so 'Bama isn't Baghdad...but I hear you can just as easily get in trouble down there if you say the wrong thing about the wrong god.

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heard a rumor about an incriminating photo that was supposed to turn up on this blog...? Any comments? Anyone out there? ;)

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey lost your e-mail address pls follow link on Kris's blog to me.
    Smalltown girl

     

Post a Comment

<< Home