The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Stories From the Digital Under-Ceiling

Turns out, the hard drive itself is ok. Unfortunately, that means it's the Mofo -- er, mobo (motherboard). So, in order to have that fixed, I have to send it back and let them have a go at breaking it even worse.

Since that will take longer than I have before spending 6 weeks in Montgomery, AL, I decided I needed a substitute. So, I bought a cheap tower, hooked it up to the peripherals I had from the last tower (that I replaced with a certain laptop) and we're back in business. And, after my sabbatical in the land of cotton, it can take up service as a print server and data store. I even got the good geeks at Best Buy to retrieve some of the data from the laptop hard drive and stick it on this one. (Yay!)

Well, I have to get to sleep soon. (I think) I have dodgeball in the morning.

--Beav ("On the Ocho!")

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    be safe in your travels my friend, side note, had "The Man in the moon" stuck in my head the other day, and I thought of you :)

     
  • At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Any chance we could mosey on up and say hi in the great intellectual data wipe that is Alabama?

    Gimme a call, kind sir!

    And how is the young Mr Hall doing? Is his brother wrapped around his little finger yet?

    And has the Mrs actually been able to rest up? Have you?

    Love from F.L.A. (freakin' lower alabama)!

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    talk about a road trip...but i'm in if we can swing it :)

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Beav said…

    One weekend or 5, I may swing down to your neck of the woods.

     
  • At 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really hope that happens :)

     
  • At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (read with deep southern drawl)
    You better not be teasin' us! That could be devastatin' to a southern lady's constitution!

    With fingers crossed...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home