The Beav according to Beav

Still crazy after all these years.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Past is Present; Present is Past

Last weekend, I was able to drive south a little bit and visit some of the people I grew up with - the people who got to see the formation of the person I am today. As it always has been and always will be, it was a mixed bag. The novel mingles with the familiar; the beloved sparks of my life swirl with the less than pleasant ones; the inexhaustable comedy clings tightly to the inevitable tragedy.

Through it all is the love. The love of some of the people I've been closest to in my life. They take me as I am and never ask for more. They listen as I banter in "frustration" and banter back, and never is there a time I have to worry that they'll take offense or take me up on it.

We are all products of our past. I recommend that everyone get a chance to go revisit parts of it; you'll find amazing new insights to yourself, and those who you knew.

--Beav

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Uhmmm in answer to your question under our grp shot...I believe I had just been awakened...and you want joy on my face when you are leaving?

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Beav said…

    I can always count on you to cradle my bruised ego. ;)

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One thing my writing lacks is precision. You have zeroed in on the things I have been thinking and feeling all week. And for eloquence....

    Anyway, ditto. And then some. My mascara runneth over. I need a hug.

    BTW, if you ever lose touch with us again, I will hunt you down and torture you like the dog you will have then become. ;) Luv U!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home